Peter Ash is a passionate Canadian philanthropist and entrepreneur who also has albinism. As a result of his disability, Christian faith, and business background, Peter is motivated to do whatever he can to provide resources and assistance to people with albinism who have become victims of discrimination in Tanzania, throughout Africa and worldwide.
- 2014 Companionate of Merit
- 2014 President's Call to Service
- 2012 New England College of Optometry Presidential Medal
- 2012 Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal
- 2011 British Columbia Community Achievement Award
- 2011 V-Award by Southern California College of Optometry
Vicky Ntetema joined Under the Same Sun (UTSS) as Executive Director of the Tanzania office after over 18 years as a journalist with BBC World Service. It was her shocking exposé about the discrimination and violence against people with albinism in Tanzania that revealed the tragedy to the world click here to read. In her combat against the “white & black” discrimination, Vicky lives with death threats and scorn from some of her fellow countrymen as she seeks to ensure that both pigmented and non-pigmented citizens understand one another.
- 2016 International Women of Courage Award, U.S. Department of State
- 2015 Innovation Award, Dream Success Enterprises of Tanzania
- 2013 Tanzania Women of Achievement Award, Information and Communication
- 2010 Courage in Journalism Award, International Women’s Media Foundation